FAQ Automobile Shipping

You write about container shipping, but what about roll on / roll off?

Whenever it is possible from the size of the car we try to get it into a container. Especially for valuable cars. Because cars are always under control and surveillance as with ro/ro cars are parked open in port area, effected by weather conditions and moved by maybe non experienced staff. However cars which are too big to fit a container will be transported by roll on / roll off.


I saw cars with blue export plates. What it this and when do I need them?

For the export of any vehicle you are committed to obtain an Export Certificate from the RTA (Road Transport Authority) During this deregistration process you can chose if you want to drive the car another 2 weeks and buy the blue export plates and an insurance or if we collect the car from the RTA, saving you time and money to bring the car into the Jebel Ali Free Zone.


How often are departures? How long is the transit time?

On our main routes to and from Germany, Netherlands, UK and from the USA we offer weekly co-load opportunities for automobiles. Less frequented destinations such as Italy, Spain, France, Black Sea and or Sweden are by demand. The transit time depends on the port of destination. Northern Europe has an average 4 weeks transit time. Urgent shipments can be arranged by 20’ single load or even airfreight.


Can you register or deregister the car for me?

We are sorry. Actually only the owner (export or importer) is authorized to register or deregister vehicles with the RTA.


Is it OK to leave personal belongings inside the car?

Basically you can do, however we need a content list and it is not insured, shipped on own risk. If you have valuable goods please ask for our attractive co-load rates in the same container. When shipping roll on/roll off it is always prohibited to leave anything inside.


Do I have to pay for storage?

For export, means if you deliver a car to our warehouse or we collect it there is no storage fee. Import vehicles are due to storage 6 days after unloading.


Do I have to pay duty and tax?

Unfortunately, all motor vehicles are due to 5% import duty/tax, even when the car has been registered under your name abroad and in connection with a relocation.


Can I take my car on a temporary basis to the UAE?

Tourists travelling in the United Arab Emirates or in transit to Oman or Iran are advised to get a Carnet de Passage avoiding to place a deposit of 5% of the cars value.


I want to export my vehicle to the USA, are there any restrictions?

Automobiles have to comply with EPA and DOT requirements to be imported into to Unites States of America. Cars with GCC or European specs are not entitled to enter the USA. Exceptions are for classic cars older than 25 years and for tourists on temporary use. In any case, all vehicle transports to the USA have to be enrolled with US Customs prior shipping. This procedure may take some days, please consider this delay when planning.


Address Info

Pangaea Speed Cargo & Shipping L.L.C
Building S10115
Jebel Ali Industrial Second -591
JAFZA South Dubai
United Arab Emirates

Email: info@pangaeaspeed.com

Dubai Office